YWCA Central Club
Client: 
YWCA Central Club
Contractor: 
Overbury London
Construction Cost: 
£1.5m
Completion: 
2012

YWCA Central Club purchased this 7 storey office building dating from around 1980 and, in 2010, and appointed gbs architects to design the conversion to accommodate their new headquarters, now known as ‘The Bridge’. The charity was established in 1932 and was previously based in Portland Place. The Bridge was officially opened by Lucy Shuker, Britain’s top female wheelchair tennis player and includes the following facilities; a restaurant/café on the ground floor which also serves the local community; a fully equipped gym and exercise studio together with changing and shower facilities; offices, training and seminar rooms; wellbeing treatment rooms.